Taught master's (MSc)
About the course
The MSc in Social Research Methods and Statistics course:
- Provides a grounding in advanced quantitative methods, taught within an applied social science framework
- Offers relevant and marketable skills for a career in research
- Recognised for PhD training by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Taught with an emphasis on hands-on training in the application of methods and software
- Available full-time over one year or part-time over two years
See the full course profile
More information on how to apply, fees and funding can be found on the course profile page.
Download the guide and find out more about studying at the School of Social Sciences.
Graduates from the MSc have gone on to pursue careers in research, policy making and university teaching in the UK and around the world including in government departments, national charities and international consultancy.
Find out more about the career pathways of past students on the School of Social Science website: