Call for abstracts opened for Advances in Data Science Conference 2018
9 February 2018
A call for abstracts for Advances in Data Science 2018 has opened. The two-day international conference is co-sponsored and co-organised by the Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research.
This year's Advances in Data Science Conference takes place from 21-22 May 2018 at Manchester's Science and Industry Museum. The event is jointly organised by Manchester's Data Science Institute and the Cathie Marsh Centre for Social Research.
This year's invited speakers include:
- Danielle Belgrave, Microsoft Research and Imperial College London
- Licia Capra, University College London
- John Quinn, UN Global Pulse, Uganda
- Louisa Nolan, Office for National Statistics Data Science Campus
- Reka Solymosi, University of Manchester
- Ciro Cattuto, ISI Foundation, Italy
- Toby Davies, University College London
- Jonathon Nagler, New York University, USA
- Ciira wa Maina, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenya
- Dave Martin, University of Southampton
- Walid Magdy, University of Edinburgh
- Peter Burnap, University of Cardiff
Advances in Data Sciences takes place from Monday 21 May until Tuesday 22 May at the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester.
Registration for the event is currently open at the Advances in Data Science website. The registration fee is £100 and the cost of the optional workshop dinner on Monday evening is £50.
Abstracts and presentations
To be considered for a short oral presentation or poster please submit an abstract through the meeting's easychair submission page. Abstracts should be prepared on one side of A4 (pdf format) and should describe new or recently published data science research. We will consider submissions which demonstrate advances in data science methodology and/or applications of data science supporting societal wellbeing.
We will keep a small number of spaces available until after decisions on submissions are released to ensure that speakers for accepted contributed presentations can register. However, due to space limitations at the venue and the popularity of last summer's conference, we encourage people to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.