Research at the Cathie Marsh Institute is characterised by two overarching themes and divided into the following themes:
- Confidentiality and Privacy (CAPRI)
- Data Services and Skills
- Democracy and Elections
- Ethnicity, Religion and Migration
- Lifelong Health
- Social Mobility and Labour Markets
- Statistical Modelling
- Survey Methods and Analysis Research
Our key themes
Research within CMIST is characterised by two overarching themes:
- Advanced quantitative methods and resources
We focus on methodological and statistical development, often with a strong science social component. Our work is supported primarily by research groups within the Disciplinary Area of Social Statistics.
- Social dynamics and inequalities
This theme focuses on population and social change, with the application of advanced quantitative methods to key social science questions.